Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Two Months Say What?

I'm at the point in the semester where I actually have to do work.  Between writing my globalization paper and working on a group project, I got to write another paper comparing two novels I haven't read.  Needless to say, I've been doing a lot of homework these past few days.  As bad as it sounds, I've enjoyed doing little to no work.  I'm all about working hard and getting things done, so technically these projects aren't due for a few weeks.  I'm just a planner and want to make sure they get done before my friends come into town!  Even though I worked on homework a lot this past week, I got to do some pretty fun things!

Last Wednesday I had my photo class!  After class my friend Jodie and I decided to go out to dinner.  I had heard about this pizza place in Covent Garden, so we decided to check it out.  It was possibly one of the best pizzas I have ever had (aside from Gino's East).  We got half mushroom and half chorizo.  I can't even explain how delicious it was.  Later that night I was just sitting in my bed, watching Netflix, and my dad texted me.  He asked if I had checked my mailbox that day, which I hadn't because I rarely get mail.  Psssstttt...  I love mail ;)  He told me I should go look to see if I had any, so reluctantly I got out of bed and went to the front desk.  A bouquet of gorgeous red roses were waiting for a certain Jenae.  I don't think Jenae was ever going to come, so I decided I would take them.  These were just what I needed, and they literally made me cry.  Wednesday was lovely.



Last Monday, I was sitting in class talking to my friend Laura about hanging out.  We both really wanted to get high tea together, so I found a Groupon for it that week.  We ended up going to the Intercontinental Hotel on Park Lane.  So amazing.  When I sat down on the plush chair at my table, I immediately felt like the queen.  The waiter was so nice and welcoming too.  He gave us recommendations for what tea to take with each course, and he even brought out extra cups so Laura and I could taste each other's tea too!  After two plates of sandwiches, one tray of scones, two trays of desserts, and five pots of tea,  you could say I was full.  In total I was there for five hours.  That's five hours of non stop tea drinking... and bliss.




 On Friday I mostly worked on my papers, but I did squeeze in some time to write some letters back home.  I'm missing everyone so much, and I just had to use this stationary.  Zsanelle gave it to me as a going away present, and I forgot I had it.  Isn't it so pretty?



Saturday I had the opportunity to go to Oxford and Blenheim's Palace.  Sir Winston Churchill was actually born at this palace, and he spent a lot of time there as a child.  It was really cool to look at his home and see where he proposed to his wife.  After visiting the palace, I took a little tour around Oxford.  The university is actually made up of about thirty or so colleges, and they are spread throughout the city.  Everything was just so old and beautiful.  I could totally see myself reading at a cafe, drinking hot coffee, and just basking in the thought of being at Oxford.  Well... I guess I do that in London.  I just loved Oxford so much, and it was cool to see the town full of young adults.  If you get the chance to go, just do it.















The next few weeks begin a strain of fantastic events.  This weekend I will be going to Scotland, next week my friend Hannah from school will be in London, and next weekend I will be in Madrid.  After Madrid, more friends are coming and then soon enough I will be going on my Spring Break trip.  Spring break will be a conglomeration of visiting every city I have ever wanted to go to in three weeks.  Did I mention my parents are coming too?  After two months of being in the city, I'm thoroughly missing my family, friends, and home.  At the same time, I'm so excited for everyone to come and see what it's like here.  Words can't explain how much I appreciate everyone's kind words, texts, and calls.  So thank you, thank you, thank you!  I hope you enjoy my blog just as much as I enjoy sharing it with you!

Until next time,
Janae    




2 comments :

  1. Oxford looks incredible. It is amazing to me that these gorgeous old buildings are all over England. What incredible history! Your tea looks absolutely fabulous - I know you won't mind that I am entirely jealous!! Ha, ha - yiu know I love you and am so happy you get to see and experience everything. God is good:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I read your post I am so happy you have had this opportunity. I love all the pictures and your descriptions of your adventures. I knew your Mom would be jealous of all your tea parties! So glad they are going to visit. You are one special niece! Also -FYI planning is in your genes.

    ReplyDelete