Friday, September 4, 2015

First Week Back, and I May Have Cracked.


Alright, I'm back at Carroll University.  This week has been something else, and not really in a good way other than when I went to an insanely good cafe.  The majority of this week has been made up of organizing my new room, trying to get back into the swing of things (like going to class, working, and studying), and realizing how much I've really changed.  Before I left to study abroad, I was told how reverse culture shock can be just as bad as culture shock.  I just assumed it meant moving back home, however, I've really learned that it takes place moving back to school as well.  Carroll didn't tell me this part.  Maybe I just need to get into my routine again, but this week has had in me tears on multiple occasions.  Nothing is worse than feeling like you don't belong, and unfortunately I just feel like I'm an outsider on campus.

Now, I'm not saying all of this to have you think "poor Janae," but rather I feel like this has allowed me to look at the bigger picture of things.  I'm not necessarily feeling like I don't belong because of the way people are behaving, rather I guess I feel like I'm different.  To be honest I feel like I graduated and came back for fun rather than finish the two years I have left of schooling.  The change came from within me, not the campus and that is probably the hardest thing to deal with.

Back to the bigger picture of things, I can't help but think of why I am here.  I have had many options to transfer, there were different paths to take, but yet I am still here.  I have a strong belief in the idea of "everything happens for a reason," and it's probably the hardest lesson I've had to learn.  However, I do know that there are good times, there are bad times, and transition times.  So even if you are in a spot like me, just remember that there is always a bigger plan and hard times don't last forever.  I just thought everyone should be reminded of that once in awhile including myself!
















































Another thing I wanted to share is this super cool cafe I went to with my good friend Kenzie on our last day of Summer.  Kenzie and I both studied abroad in England last semester so it was so nice to catch up, vent, and share our common feelings towards coming back to school.  I have been to this cafe called Stone Creek Coffee one time before, but I fell in love even more this time around.  The whole place is decorated with cool prints of Milwaukee and the owners actually designed all of it!  I also may have had the BEST iced lavender latte I've had in my entire life.  If you haven't had one, you are missing out.  If you are ever in the Milwaukee area, go check it out!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Janae



No comments :

Post a Comment