Tuesday, October 6, 2015

3 Ways to Wear a Blanket Scarf.

Hello again!  I feel like I haven't written in such a long time, but I wanted to keep you all up to date.  Basically these past few weeks have been tiring, rough, and just exhausting so I'm so sorry if you have checked in and there wasn't a new post.  This past week really took a toll on me, so I decided to take a quick little trip to Chicago this past weekend.  There is just something about being in the city that livens me up a bit, and let's not talk about how I over indulged this past weekend.  Ha!

While I was in the city I stayed with my friend Jodie, and we went shopping and just had some girl time.  We both love fashion and blogging so if you ever have time, go check her out here!  I recently bought a new blanket scarf from Zara like this one, and I'm SO happy I brought it with me to Chicago.  I literally ended up wearing it as a blanket since I forget my coat.  I have a deep love for blanket scarves, and I just love how versatile they are.  Whether you want the scarf to be the focus of the outfit or you would just like it for an extra accessory, scarves do the job.  Since I wear scarves all of the time during Fall and Winter, I thought I would share on how I wear mine and what kinds of looks you can do with it.

Look #1:














For the first look I just took the scarf, folded it diagonally, and wrapped the thickest part around my neck letting it hang in the front.  What I love about this look is that the scarf is the main focus.  It's big, bold, and did I mention warm?  Honestly, I didn't even need a coat when I wore it like this because it was almost like an extra sweater.  If you want the scarf to be the biggest statement, I would recommend this look.

Look #2:




What I love about the second look is how polished it is.  I know many people have told me they don't like blanket scarves because of how big and bulky they are, so this look would be for you.  Instead of folding it diagonally, I just halved it twice and placed it around my neck.  This look has more of a neat and clean vibe, and is perfect just to add on as an extra layer.

Look #3:





For the most part, I always wear both ends of a scarf in front of me, but I love how this look adds some detail to the back of my outfit.  I folded this the same way I did in look #1, except this time I placed one of the corners across my shoulder.  This look is great as both a statement piece or for warmth!

I'm just so excited the weather has turned for us Midwesterners, and I am slowly adding more sweaters and scarves into my outfits.  My newest sweater addition is this beauty in fig (it's on sale too!).  What I love about this sweater is the color and how soft it is.  The back is a little different compared to my other sweaters, so I know this will be on repeat this season.  One look I haven't tried yet is belting the blanket scarf, so if you are daring enough try it, let me know how it goes!  I only did three looks with mine, but there are many more I have seen on IG and Pinterest.  I hope you all are having a great October and be sure to bust out those blanket scarves!








1 comment :