Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Picture Perfect in Paris

I love Paris.  There are no ifs, ands, or buts.  I am just in love with it.  After having the best day of my life in Paris this past summer, I was worried that I would be disappointed.  Last time I was there, I felt like I was in some sort of dream.  Summer day, wind in the hair, and French food.  What more could a girl ask for?  This recent trip offered me a totally different perspective of Paris, but was equally has magical and fun.  This time I got to spend it with two of my best friends and really experience more of the Parisian culture.  Different, but amazing.

The first night I arrived, I was just very tired.  After Kayla and I tried fitting ourselves into the smallest elevator known to man, we opted for the stairs.  Eight long flights of stairs with all of our luggage.  As soon as I caught my breath, I noticed Ne Ne, the flat's white and fluffy rabbit.  I'm not really a small animal person besides dogs, so that was just an interesting situation.  Once we got settled in, we decided to go to the Eiffel Tower!  We ended up just taking a taxi there, and it was worth it.  Apparently since it's off season, the glittering lights only come on for the first five minutes of every hour so we had to rush to get there.  When we were walking by the tower, I noticed the crepe stand I got a crepe at in the Summer.  Good and fond memories flooded me, so I got a crepe with nutella and banana.  For old time sake, right?  I ended up eating the crepe, overlooking the Seine, while the Eiffel Tower was glittering with its magic.  AMAZING.  Thursday night was magical.  







Friday was the day full of every tourist activity known to man in Paris.  It began with us walking to Notre Dame, basically having a photo shoot in front of it, and admiring it's beauty.  Did I mention we had crepes for breakfast too?  Crepes and Paris are the best combination.  After Notre Dame, we decided to go to Saint Chapel.  My friend told me I HAD to go there, so we waited in line, paid the six euro, and walked in to the most amazing chapel I had ever been in.  It basically was like walking into a kaleidoscope.  I would recommend Saint Chapel over Notre Dame any day, to go in that is.  After being amazed, we went walked to the Eiffel Tower.  One phone stolen, one phone returned, two people being pooped on by pigeons (myself included), and three hungry girls later, we finally arrived.  We ended up buying a baguette, brie, and grapes for a perfect picnic in Paris.  Excluding the giant birds hovering over us, it was fantastic.  Once we were finished taking pictures and eating, we walked to Champs Elysees.  Of course I had to buy a whole box of Laduree macarons because well they are Laduree macarons.  And they were worth every penny.  I'm pretty sure I showcased my macarons in every location, and I almost even got ran over while trying to take a picture.  Oh the thrill.  The rest of the night consisted of taking the metro home, finally having enough energy to get some dinner at a local pizzeria, and watching Gilmore Girls to end the day.  'Twas perfect. 














Even after such a great past few days, I don't think anything could top Saturday.  I spent the day walking through the gardens and rooms of Versailles.  Ever since high school, I have loved everything about Marie Antoinette and her home in Versailles.  I don't know why, but I just love how that era was so extravagant, huge, and just gorgeous.  Versailles was more than I had ever expected and was simply amazing.  The place is just magnificent with huge fountains, gardens, and even the walls are covered in gold.  My favorite room was the hall of mirrors.  It basically explains itself, but I just couldn't get over it and still can't!  The whole day was spent wandering through the huge place, getting lost in just one of the gardens, and taking a ton of pictures.  For dinner, we ate at a local French restaurant in Montmartre.  I finally got my escargot and made the girls try it too!  They LOVED it!  Saturday was one of my favorites hands down.















After being so tired from all of the walking and tourist attractions from the previous days, we only planned on going to the Louvre before we took a train back to London.  The only problem was that I wore my hair down, wore a hat, and it was raining.  Needless to say all I wanted in life at that point was coffee and a croissant.  Instead of going to the Louvre, Kayla and I decided to go to a cafe and get brunch while Kenzie admired art at the museum.  After getting toast, a baguette, and a croissant, the waiter insisted on giving us another baguette.  The French sure do love their bread, and I do too!  the coffee was excellent as well.  If the French know one thing in life, it's how to cook.  The rest of the day we journeyed on back to London and rested.  All in all it was spectacular trip!







After each trip I take, I try and think of what I got out of the trip and how I changed based off of it.  This trip I definitely learned that plans change, but that okay.  So many times are try to plan my life to the T.  I want to make sure I have the right outfit for that day or wear those shoes so my feet won't hurt because I'll walk a lot that day.  Truth is, none of my shoes are comfortable, my feet always hurt, and I smile in all of my pictures because that's what I'm supposed to do.  Right?  No.  I smile because even though I might not be so comfortable, I might hate how my hair is wet and gross, and I might be sleep deprived, but I'm in Paris.  I'm traveling all over the place.  I'm seeing different cultures.  I'm finding out who I am and who I've always been.  I'm living a dream, my dream.  No matter what kinds of plans go wrong in my life, I try to think of the reason behind it all.  The world is a big place, I'm just a small part of it, but I try to remember that changed plans are what brought me abroad.  Changed plans made me who I am.  Changed plans can make an imperfect life, perfect.  








2 comments :

  1. Beautiful pics once again! You're making me want to plan a trip to Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Your pictures and adventures are wonderful. You are a great writer and I look forward to reading your posts. I am so glad you are able to take all these trips to visit other cities. Paris sounds & looks wonderful (except for the pigeons). Love You!

    ReplyDelete