Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Change.

Change:  something different from what it is or from what it would be if left alone.  It could simply mean to become different.  What I've learned over the past few years of my life is that change is inevitable.  As a young adult I've learned to embrace change, as painful as it might be, and continue to live no matter the circumstance.  Upon returning home from London, I was surprised.  The lack of change in my own city combined with the change I encountered within myself left me with what is called culture shock.  Was it possible that I got culture shock from just sleeping in my old room and being only a few doors down from my parents?  Yes, it's possible because it happened to me.

Seeing as it's already been a month since I stepped off the plane in O'hare, I can't help but think about the great times I had traveling, my favorite cafes, and just London.  I've ran into a problem these past few weeks though, and I can't seem to shake the lack of inspiration.  Thoughts keep running around my head about that one time there or that time I travelled to who knows where, but I've lost the point of all of it.  To live.  It seems as though I'm not as great at adapting to change as I thought I was.

After realizing my predicament, this is the part where you come into play.  Something that gives me joy and that excites me is my own blog.  I've decided to expand my blog beyond my study abroad adventures.  I want to talk about my new finds, whether it be a new book, recipe, or cool blogger I happen to stumble upon.  I want to write about my style.  How I keep modesty fresh, cool, and fun.  And I want to talk about what you're interested in!  If anyone has any suggestions or comments, I would LOVE to hear them and incorporate them into this fun venture of mine.

My new current trend is a matching set.  I've seen them all over the place (mostly crop tops paired with skirts), but I happened to find an adorable black and white top and skirt at the Loft.  What I love the most about these sets is that they can be paired together or can be combined with other tops or skirts.  I styled my new set three different ways to create three totally different looks both casual and dressy.


























The Love Triangles tee I bought at the Loft is 60% off right now and can be found here!

Unfortunately the skirt is sold out, but there are a ton of other options to go with this top.  When I got the skirt, I was actually really surprised with how long it was.  Since I'm short, it hit me mid calf, which isn't the best look.  Thankfully, my grandma was coming into town, so she hemmed it just a few inches for me!  All of the Fourth of July sales are making me go crazy, with most of my favorite stores having 30-40% extra off of clearance.  So happy shopping!

One more thought to throw out there for you!  I would love some travel suggestions for Seattle and Vancouver.  Next week I'm headed out there to spend some time with my friends, and I would love some tips!  If you've been there before, I would love to hear about what you did!

   









1 comment :

  1. You're so cute! I love new sets as well, but can't get myself to buy them (at least not the expensive ones I find ha)! I haven't been to either of those places unfortunately, but Lauren has been to Seattle & may have some suggestions! You should ask her! :)

    p.s. We should make macarons sometime & you can blog about it! ;)

    ReplyDelete