Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Right Now.


This weeks thoughts:

"The danger for dreamers who plan is that we often end up clinging too tightly to our expectations about how life ought to unfold, rushing our way toward dreamed-of-destinations at the expense of simply savoring the journey.  If our eyes are firmly clamped on one particular endpoint- the place where we will live, the career path we may follow, the kind of person we think we should marry- we risk missing out on the many great and mysterious beauties that will happen to us along the way."

Dreaming.  It's a beautiful thing.  I have career goals, places I would love to explore, I would love to have a family, and have just a life other than studying 24/7.  The problem with dreams is that sometimes I forget I'm living right now.  So much time passes me by while I'm huddled up studying at my desk that I forget to be content and happy with now.  Okay, maybe studying theorems and definitions in Abstract Algebra aren't the absolute best parts of my life, but I'm learning these things for a reason.

Sometimes I have to remind myself that I'm twenty.  I'm only twenty.  I'm a planner and a dreamer, and most often than not I place pressure on myself that really doesn't need to be there.  This year in particular has really shown me that the things I never even planned turned out to be the best things.  Having goals, dreams, and plans are not the problem.  The problem occurs when we let those things take away from the now.  The older I get and the more I experience life, I'm realizing on a greater scale how I could be living life, but not truly living.  After all, moments are what make up our lives.  I think it's time to start appreciating and being thankful for what we do have every day, because that is what truly makes life worth living.

Outfit Inspiration:

I've been getting so excited for the cold weather because that means sweaters.  Yes.  For the past few years I've been saving up turtlenecks because they are just so cozy, but this year is particularly exciting because I've been seeing them everywhere (the runway, bloggers, every single store, turtlenecks are everywhere).  I decided to mix it up a little and pair my tan sweater with my pleated black faux leather skirt.  I love the contrast between soft and edgy, and it will definitely make another comeback this winter.  I found some super cute turtlenecks here, here, and here.  To complete the outfit I paired it with some pointy black heels and a low sleek bun.  I hope this gives you the courage to try a turtleneck this season!

I hope you have a great Thanksgiving and truly cherish every moment with friends, family, and loved ones.





No comments :

Post a Comment