Saturday, January 10, 2015

First Week in London!

Hey everyone!

So I've officially survived one week in London.  Honestly, I feel like I've been here for months, but I'm looking forward to all of the adventures that still await me.  For the past couple days I've been taking it kind of easy.  I visited Regents Park, went to Oxford Street (again), and took a city tour on bus and by boat.  This is my last week of break before school starts on Monday, so I took advantage of it and slept in as much as possible!  When deciding to pick London as my study abroad choice, I knew I would have to cook for myself.  That being said, I totally was not prepared.  I'm pretty sure I've eaten oatmeal, toast, and a banana almost every day.  So if anyone has simple recipes, let me know!

Here are some pictures of the boat tour I went on!  Even though it was absolutely freezing, I had a great time.  I saw Big Ben, the Tower Bridge, the London Eye, and the Shard.  The boat tour was hosted by the University of Westminster for all study abroad students, so I got to meet other students who weren't from my same program.  All in all, it was a good night!




 I also visited Regents Park this week.  There is a big hill, called Primrose Hill, just past Regents Park that my roommate Kaitlyn and I went to.  You get a great view of the whole city and a workout in just one trip!  I love all of the parks in London, and it's a great way to escape the city for a few hours.  I have a feeling I'm going to be visiting the coffee shop in Regents Park a lot this semester.




 I also took a city bus tour this week!  The tour guide was really funny and definitely made the time pass quickly.  I learned a lot about the city of London as well as the history behind the buildings.  After we were done with the tour, we were dropped off in Piccadilly Circus.  I have heard of it before, but this place was massive.  It is like the Times Square of London, and it's quite impressive.  I'll have to venture there again when it's not a weekend because it has a ton of cool shops.

 


 Today I went to the Kensington Palace and had high tea.  The high tea included my own individual teapot, finger sandwiches, scones with cornish clotted cream and English strawberry jelly, and afternoon tea pastries.  The whole experience was splendid.  Not to mention I had it with some pretty lovely ladies.  I'm pretty sure I took too many photos for my own good.  But hey, I was having tea at the palace.




This week has been one for the books.  It has taught me how to be independent, but also how to rely on God.  Time and time again my worries disappeared, and I've learned to trust that everything will work out.  Thank you all so much for your prayers and your kind comments.  It means the world to me.  Until next time!






3 comments :

  1. Splendid, Darling, splendid! Can't wait to have high tea with you soon - love, your Mum:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just catching up on your blog posts! Andrew was looking at the pics of your high tea and said 'Oh my!' I think it looks a little too girly for him! :) You fit in perfectly! I love it! 🍰☕️

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for letting us share your adventure. The pictures I took in London look nothing like yours. Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete