Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year


Happy New Year!






          Every new year I see posts about resolutions people make.  Most of the time it's of people aiming to lose weight, which I might add, ends up failing two weeks into it.  Whatever the case may be, whether it be to live a healthier lifestyle or to live a happier life, the common factor is improvement.  Improvement of the life you were given.  Now, I'm not really a person to make New Year's resolutions.  I tend to find something I want to work on and start right away. This year, it just so happens a new chapter of my life starts at the beginning of the new year.

          This year I'm trying something new, something out of my comfort zone, and something on my bucket list.  I'm traveling, alone.  Tomorrow I leave for London.  After months and months of planning this semester abroad, I still don't feel like I'm ready.  I was that little girl who couldn't go to grandma's house because I was too homesick.  Now, I'll be gone for five months.  Am I excited?  Yes.  Am I scared out of my mind? Yes.

          This year, I'm working on having more faith in myself and in God.  To be quite honest, I doubt myself.  I wonder if I'm ready to live in a big, strange city without knowing anyone.  I also seem to doubt God.  I doubt if there really is a plan for my life, and I doubt whether He really does care about me.  So this year, I'm starting fresh.  I'm on a road of constant improvement.  I'm on an adventure of a lifetime.  I'm living.

1 comment :

  1. You are one gutsy girl - so proud of you. Last night at the airport was the hardest thing I've ever done! Just remember that you can do this and God will be with you every step of the way.

    ReplyDelete