Sunday, January 18, 2015

Week Two is Treating Me Good.

Well week two has come and gone, and I'm definitely feeling more at home.  This week classes began, and I was scared out of my wits.  Here I am thinking I'll be so lost and confused, but then I go to my first seminar and there are only two Brits.  Everyone else was an exchange student.  The professors were all British though, and I actually heard one say, "Don't get your panties in a bunch."  I laughed a little inside.  My lectures were a lot bigger than what I am used to, but it was a nice change of pace!  So far, I'm liking the way classes are run here.  In total I think I have two final exams, four papers, and some photo blog posts for my classes.  This semester is awesome.

I didn't do a whole lot of sightseeing this week, but I tried to take as many photos as possible!  I'm enjoying all of the walking I have to do to get to class.  It's about two miles round trip to get to most of my classes so it makes me get up and do something.  All of the coffee shops on the way make it bearable too.


This is just a little park I pass through on the way to class.  I'm still in the tourist stage of living here, so I have no shame in taking pictures of everything I see.  




Harrods.  Oh glorious Harrods.  I had my photography class at a museum on Wednesday, and I saw Harrods' bright and shining beacon down the street.  So of course that meant that I had to go.  This place is incredible.  From the highest quality caviar to an elephant, Harrods can sell you anything you could ever want.  I got through maybe two floors, and I plan on going back.  There was a whole flower shop, dozens of restaurants, a bakery, a whole room full of luggage, an ice cream parlor, fine china, and many many more rooms.  This might be my favorite place.  Also, my friend took a picture of the back of my hair from that day.  I don't have a hand held mirror yet so that was the first time I saw it that whole day.


On Friday morning a few of my friends and I went searching for good coffee and croissants.  This was the result.  We ended up going into three cafes, walked out of each of them, then "settled" for a lovely creperie.  I had a cappuccino and a crepe dowsed in chocolate.  It was amazing.  Needless to say I will be coming back.




On Saturday I went to the famous Camden Market.  It was insane!  Cars could barely get through the street because of the masses of people.  I ate Shake Shack right before I went, which was dumb because all of the food smelt so amazing.  Shake Shack was good, but way overpriced for a burger joint.  I'm going to have to scout out another good (cheap) burger place next time!

This week has been a lot better than last week!  I felt so homesick in the beginning, but day by day it's getting better.  Did I mention I have been asked for directions several times?  I'm beginning to look like a local!  At least that's what I tell myself.  Also, I'll be posting some pictures for my photography class on this blog.  It's part of my assignment for the class so if there are some weird looking photos and descriptions, that's why!  I can't wait for many more adventures this week, and thanks for taking a look at the glimpse of my past week!


3 comments :

  1. Sounds like you are enjoying yourself & having wonderful adventures. I think Harrods sounds like my kind of place! Love you and so proud of you. Keep the pics & posts coming.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All the food pics are making me hungry! I'm with Aunt Carolyn, I think I need a visit to Harrod's! Enjoy yourself! I love seeing all the pics and London through your eyes! 💷💷

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! Not sure if I was more excited about your tea at Kensington Palace or the shopping and ice cream at Harrod's! Love that you are there and having so much fun. Loving your blog and pics. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete